WHY JOIN THE PRT FAMILY
Padyak Racing Team / PRT is a friendly bicycle racing team in South County San Diego dedicated to healthy living through the sport of cycling. We guide members through weekly training rides to help them maintain a healthy lifestyle and introduce those aspiring to race into a beginner racing program scheduled on the USA Cycling racing calendar in Southern California. We also have a Masters program that has doubled in the past year. The South County of San Diego which blends well into our East County has some of the best roads in all of the county for cycling.
The annual membership fee is $45. Members are asked to wear PRT kits during USAC sanctioned races. We also expect PRT members to be excellent citizens In our communities on and off the bike. We ask that you have fun, ride safe and respect others.
We have several annual sponsors that we pledge to support in terms of promoting them. When we post on social media from a race our group ride or any team event, we ask that you tag our sponsors. Some of our sponsors are cash and others are in kind or offer discounts. Our cash sponsors allow us to have an annual budget that covers:
- USAC team registration annual renewal.
- CBR annual membership allowing us to set up our team canopy in the racers village 7-10 races a year. Also a chance to receive a free CBR entry for a podium finish.
- One local 2 day camp with a picnic on 2nd day.
- One destination 2 day camp with guest pro rider and overnight group lodging covered.
- Since 2020 we have carried a USAC team/club insurance policy.
- Discount pricing on our PRT kits.
- Products from some of our sponsors.
- One food catered local race.
- Discounts from some sponsors.
- Weekly team training rides to keep you fit and prepare you for racing.
- Mentors during rides that are experienced and knowledgeable.
- Ability to carpool to races and share lodging if needed.
- Annual awards dinner.